Be prepared this winter by keeping a medicine cupboard stocked with essentials for common health issues.
Essential items for your medicine cupboard
- Painkillers like paracetamol and ibuprofen
- Anti-diarrhoea medicines
- Oral rehydration salts
- Indigestion treatments
- A first aid kit with plasters, bandages, and a thermometer
Expert advice: Video by Mary Oaiya, Community Pharmacist
Watch the video below to learn what medicines parents should keep stocked for common childhood health issues in winter.
Important guidelines for medicine storage
- Follow directions: Always adhere to the guidelines on medicine packets and leaflets.
- Child safety: Store medicines out of reach of children, ideally in a high, lockable cupboard.
- Check expiry dates: Don’t use medicines past their expiry date. Dispose of them safely at a pharmacy.