Are you a GP trainee, or a newly qualified GP, looking for an exciting opportunity post-CCT? If you want to hone your medical skills, mastering your role whilst growing and developing a specialist interest, essentially building and designing your dream career, we’d love to hear from you!
We are delighted to launch the Integrated Medical and Wellbeing Centre (IMWC) GP Fellowship Programme in Thurrock, open to all new GPs who are within 12 months of receiving their Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).
The programme aims to create and support the development of innovative and attractive portfolio opportunities, helping newly qualified GPs develop specialist skills. We will work with you to create a portfolio opportunity that helps develop a specialist interest, enabling you to build your dream career. We are working closely with Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust on several speciality placement opportunities; however, we also want to hear from GPs who wish to develop additional skills by working with colleagues across the integrated care board in strategic roles. Whatever your ambition, we will work hard to make it a reality.
The Fellowship will combine core general practice work with a specialist interest placement, personal development opportunities and continuing professional development (CPD) – as shown below:
- 50% core clinical work in a GP practice in or around Thurrock
- 25% specialist interest portfolio placement (clinical or non-clinical)
- 25% personal development/CPD
Applications will be considered from GPs looking to work less than full-time, and all programme pathways are tailored to your specific requirements.
All Fellowships come with:
- Competitive salary (£10,000 per session pa)
- A comprehensive induction to your practice, network and alliance
- Funding to develop your area of expertise
- Peer-to-peer mentoring support from a local GP
- Career coaching from the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Peer support networks (First5) and access to NextGen GP events
- Bespoke CPD covering leadership, coaching/mentoring, management, quality improvement and remote working
- Access to health and well-being support (e.g., Headspace subscription)
- Flexible working opportunities
Applications will be considered from GP trainees and newly qualified GPs within 12 months post-qualification. If you want an informal discussion before applying to the Fellowship, please email [email protected].