This public consultation is now closed
The creation of the Mid and South Essex Integrated Care Board in July 2022 meant the new organisation would take on the commissioning policies of the five clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) in the area.
These five organisations had been responsible for planning, buying and monitoring most local health services. While the majority of their policies were similar, six services had marked differences:
- Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery)
- Correction for uneven breasts (breast asymmetry)
- Breast reduction
- Female sterilisation
- Vasectomy (male sterilisation)
- Special fertility services (intrauterine insemination or IUI for short, sperm and egg donation, and in-vitro fertilisation, usually called IVF)
Clinical experts in our area have looked at the latest evidence and practice for all six of these services, both nationally and locally, to ensure the local offer is high quality and safe. Groups most impacted by the proposals have also inputted on how best to shape the proposals.
We now want to hear what our residents think of the plans.
The consultation runs from 31 October 2022 until 19 December 2022. You can find out more about the proposals by downloading the consultation document below.Read the full consultation document View existing policies
Have your say
We would like to hear your views on the proposals for each service area. The easiest way is to complete the consultation survey linked below. We are also happy to receive your views by:
- emailing [email protected]
- writing to NHS Mid and South Essex ICB, Phoenix Court, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3HG.
You can also attend to one of our in-person discussion event. Please click on the links to register your attendance or call 01268 594350.