The Thurrock Alliance is a partnership of many organisations across health, social care and the voluntary sector working together to ensure the ‘Better Care Together’
Existing areas of focus in Thurrock include bringing care closer to home with the Integrated Medical Centres. Bringing more health professionals into the areas to improve outcomes for people, including mental health practitioners in primary care, clinical pharmacists and physiotherapists.
Who is involved?
What we want to achieve
The Thurrock Alliance is committed to:
Understanding and working with communities
- Developing a deep understanding of local needs.
- Connecting and listening to local communities.
Joining up and co-ordinating services around people’s needs
- Jointly planning and co-ordinating services.
- Driving service transformation.
Addressing non-medical factors that affect the health and wellbeing of local people
- Working in partnership to look all the factors that can have an impact on the health of local residents for example, lack of income, inappropriate housing, employment and being able to read and write.
- Strengthening communities and helping to grow community leadership.
- Explore opportunities to build the skills, experience and employment of local people to support our health and care organisations.
Supporting quality and sustainability of local services
- Making best use of the financial resources to drive improved outcomes for local people.
- Supporting local workforce development and opportunities to work differently.
- Driving improvement of services, overseeing quality and performance.