This phase of the engagement is now closed
A pre-consultation engagement exercise took place in August 2022 on a service harmonisation model for mid and South Essex. The consultation outcome report is available here.
There were previously five Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in mid and south Essex. Integrated Care Boards were established on 1 July 2022 and replaced CCGs. The new NHS Mid and South Essex Integrated Care Board is now responsible for the commissioning of the services which was the responsibility of CCGs before.
There are differences in some of the services that were offered by the CCGs in mid and south Essex. We are reviewing these services to make them equal across mid and south Essex. This is called ‘service harmonisation.’
We want to engage with residents who are currently affected by, have previously been affected by, or have views about the following services:
- Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery)
- Correction for uneven breasts (breast asymmetry)
- Breast reduction
- Female sterilisation
- Male sterilisation (vasectomy)
- Special fertility services (tertiary fertility services) which includes the following treatments:
- Intra-uterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF), with or without intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Donor Insemination (DI)
- Sperm and oocyte donation (sperm and egg donation)